birding-aus

Re: We May Be Moving (Cross your fingers, etc)

To: Russell Woodford <>
Subject: Re: We May Be Moving (Cross your fingers, etc)
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 21:25:13 +1000
Hi Russell,

Please inform the Deakin U authorities that:

a lot of us out there (including foreign tourists who bring $$$$$ to
Australia) would be very unhappy about the closure of the mailing list
(which many of us have found via the web page)

the service is a good advertisement for Deakin and it might not come so
readily to mind in future when we are thinking about animal study
contracts and/or student placements if the web page or mailing list go
off air

in any case it would be sheer bad manners to remove a service without
consulting those affected and seeing if there are other ways of dealing
with the problem (whatever it is)

Michael Norris