birding-aus

Help for beginner

To: <>
Subject: Help for beginner
From: "Karen Pearson" <>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 12:38:42 +1000
 Hello all,

I am new to this forum and also to birding.  I am wanting to start keeping a
species count.  What is the criteria for doing so?  Am I correct that they
need to be "live" sightings?  (I have helped in rescuing bird life during
duck shooting season and unfortunately many retrieved birds were already
dead).  Do the sightings need to be verified by another person?  And can I
include birds that I am certain of species that I have seen in the past - or
do I start from scratch?

I am also visiting Perth next week, travelling down the coast to Albany -
could anyone help with species that I should keep my eye out for.

Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Regards
Karen Pearson
Bilgola Plateau, Sydney