birding-aus

Breeding Season question

Subject: Breeding Season question
From: Wayne Fisher <>
Date: Mon, 11 May 98 13:33:00 EDT
I will be visiting Australia from the US in June and July. I will be visiting
Adelaide, Darwin/Kakadu, and Cairns areas. I'm trying to figure out
quite what to expect. In particular, when are the breeding seasons
in these areas. I assume that in Adelaide it is in summer, but what
about in tropical Australia. Will the seabird colonies be active
when I am there? Should I expect the Fairy-Wrens to be in breeding
plumage?

Is breeding season as clearcut in northern Australia as it is in
the US? Do birds sing primarily in breeding season, or does it
stretch through more of the year?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Wayne Fisher

Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA