birding-aus

'RFI - Cassowary Encounters'

Subject: 'RFI - Cassowary Encounters'
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 11:58:50 +0000
The BBC are currently in production for a new series that looks at
 real-life animal encounters. One of our programmes will feature the
 Queensland region of Australia. Since the cassowary is often
 considered dangerous to man, I am keen to hear from anyone who has had
 an encounter with a cassowary, be it scary, funny or just plain
 bizarre. One story I have heard comes from Syd Curtis - please could
 you repeat your story about the cassowary pecking a car's radiator out.
Please send stories directly to Vicky Webb. Email:
 or fax:+44 117 973 3829. Thanks.