birding-aus

Re: Cap_a virus...

Subject: Re: Cap_a virus...
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 17:19:56 +0900
I usually delete all attached files unread unless I know who they are from.
This, however, jammed up my system (Mac) without even being opened, causing
bus error bombs every time I tried to get my mail. I ended up on line to my
server deleting messages one by one and having to trash all the messages
(about 40) in my inbox to create a new inbox. It has taken over an hour and
a half to sort this out. I am glad many of you have more sophisticated
protection than I do.
Can we please have ban on attached files on this mailing list - as other
lists do? I have yet to see an appropriate message to a list which could
not be sent as text.

Des Allen
Tokyo