birding-aus

Re: DONGA (Chat)

Subject: Re: DONGA (Chat)
From: Bonnie Oliver <>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 17:23:55 +0200
TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM "THE DINKUM DICTIONARY" - A ripper guide to Aussie
English.  Lenie (Midge) Johnansen "The Dinkum Dictionary would bring a
brown dog back to life, will put hair on your chest, will stir the possums
- an immensely comprehensive collection of the words we REALLY use."
Stephen Murray-Smith

Now then with that said.....

dong

1.  penis: e.g. He's got a dong like a horse!  (also:  donger)  Note:  This
is
     also Yank slang.

2.  hit; bash: e.g.  I'm so mad I could dong him!

donga/donger

1.  poor living quarters; tin shed; five or ten man hut used as temporary
     quarters for single male workers.

2.  remote, country areas:  e.g. He lives up the donga somewhere.

And there you have it.  Any more questions on Aussie lingo may be addressed
to this Yank who had to learn Oz speak.

Best regards.

Bonnie