birding-aus

SWIFT PARROT

Subject: SWIFT PARROT
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 15:25:00 +1000 (EST)
Hi folks

Just to prove that you don't have to GO birdwatching to see great birds in
this country:

Today (30-3-98) at 3pm a Swift Parrot flew over my house.  It did a bit of
wheeling this way and that before disappearing.  A VERY nice addition to
my backyard list (which is very small as I move at Christmas).

BTW, my backyard is on the shores of Limeburners Lagoon, off Corio Bay
near Geelong, Victoria.  In Geelong Grammar School for those who know
where that is.

Is this early for this area?

More boasts from my backyard this week: Nankeen Night Heron & Whistling
Kite, both seen from inside the house.

Russell Woodford