birding-aus

Salinity problems.

Subject: Salinity problems.
From: David Roots <>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 07:30:05 +1100 (EST)
Re: Stephen Ambrose comments on salinity.

For a deeper read, see
"Listen ... Our Land is Crying"   by Mary E White.

This is a particularly well written and readable summary of
salinity and other problems that beset Australia.
Many color photos, maps, graphs, and heaps of understandable data.

Mary is a palaeobotanist, has travelled extensively
and has an impressive network of contacts across the country.

Marys other books include "The Greening of Gondwana", and
"After the Greening", which set the scene for : "Listen...", but
each stands alone.

Because the future of the bird population depends on the vegetation,
you need to read this book.
Cost is AUD 59.50. Published by Kangaroo Press.
In any decent bookshop, Museum Bookshop, etc.
If you have no access, call me and I will send you one.

Dr. David Roots