birding-aus

Western Australia

Subject: Western Australia
From: Houlem <>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 21:53:09 EST
Hello again:

I am still looking for a guide or tour for some birding in WA.

I will have Wed 01Apr98 free in Perth and would like to go birding that one
day.

I will then have Sat thru Tue, 04 thru 07 Apr98 free for WA. I would be happy
to find a guide for these four days.

I am just a casual birder. I can get my daily bird fix with any bird, even an
English House Sparrow (when I am captive in New York City for a week of all
day meetings). I would love to see endemics, and I prefer those little birds
which do not sit still long enought to be seen. I once heard a birder say, "at
first I could not see it, and then it disappeared."  Those are my favorite
birds. I just love frustration. But just looking for a quality birding
experience.

If guides are not available, please advise of tours which may coincide with
birds, or suggest an itineary where I could drive around for the four days.

Oh yes, my laptop broke, and I will be out of reach of this magical e-mail
after 11Mar98, the day I leave for Sidney.

I was in Perth last year, took a tour to Rottnest Island, and walked around
Kings Park. Would love to have a birder to help identify the many UFO's which
eluded me on my last trip to your fine country.

I will be working with the Welding Technology Institute of Australia (WTIA)
located in Sidney. Chris Smallbone, director, can be called at +61 (0)2 9748
4443 or Fax at +61 (0)2 9748 2858, in the event something comes up after
11Mar98.

Thanks for any help.

It's a great time to be alive enjoying fins, ferns, feathers, flight, flora,
forests, fauna, fossils, fur, friends, fun, faith & family!

* Mike Houle *  * La Crosse Wi * USA * Located on an Island in
the Black River, just one mile upstream from the Mississippi River Marker 698
at Riverside Park in La Crosse where the legendary Three Rivers meet.