birding-aus

Birding guide assistance

Subject: Birding guide assistance
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 11:11:44 EST
Hi Aus-Birders:

I visited your fine country March 1997, and enjoyed your Aus-Bird-Net. Very
informative.

I will return to Australia this March on Friday the 13th. I have logged back
on to the Aus-Bird-Net to "hear" what is going on.

I would like to find a tour, or guide for several free days while I am in your
Country. I would also like to know which area may be best when I have a
choice. I would appreciate a response from any one who may be able to direct
me to the help I am looking for.

I will arrive in Sidney about 7am on Friday the 13th. I may take a few ferry
rides, to Manly and Parramata, nice and quiet to get over the long trip. I
would like to arrange for any tour or guide for:

Sidney Sat 14Mar and Sun 15Mar,

Melbourne Wed 18Mar

Brisbane Sat 21Mar and Sun 22 Mar

Darwin Sat 28Mar

Perth Wed 01Apr

I then have a choice to stay in the Perth area or return to Sidney. I have Sat
thru Tue, 04 thru 07 April available for Birding. I would love
recommendations. I am leaning towards Perth for the four days. If I return to
Sidney, I will lose one day of birding. I would then fly Perth-Sidney-
LosAngeles-Minneapolis-LaCrosse on Wed 08Apr98.

Would love to hear from you all.

We are experiencing our most mild winter ever. There is open water all along
the Mississippi River, and some around our Island. This has provided a large
population of Bald Eagles. I saw 41 in Downtown LaCrosse one morning, 13 in a
single tree, and there have been reports of nearly 200 Bald Eagles on the
Mississippi between La Crosse and Minneapolis. Looking forward to the start of
your fall season on this big trip I have scheduled.

It's a great time to be alive enjoying fossils, fins, feathers, flight, ferns,
flora, forests, fauna, fur, friends, fun, faith & family!

Mike Houle *  * La Crosse Wi  * On an Island in the Black River,
one mile north of the Mississippi River Marker 698 (Downtown LaCrosse) where
the legendary three rivers meet (Black, LaCrosse and Mississippi)