birding-aus

This week in Geelong...

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: This week in Geelong...
From: "Richard Dilena" <>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 09:29:47 +1100
Hello to all,

during the last few days, there have been a couple of sightings that I thought might warrant a mention. (All these are in the Geelong region)
Queens Park Golf Course:  Brown Goshawk, and Grey Goshawk - White Morph. Both over 4th fairway adjacent to Barwon River.
Queens Park Golf Course:  3 Tawny Frogmouth - 2 adult, male and female (female browner around neck), and 1 immature, still very downy around chest, nape, and back.
Anglesea Road and Mount Duneed Highway: Spotted Harrier - sub adult.  What I found interesting about this record is that a friend and I were driving back from Anglesea on this day, and were commenting "wouldn't it be nice to see that Spotted Harrier again near the cement works".  Just then, I look into the same paddock as last year and there it is !

Cheers,
Richard Dilena
Ocean Grove
Victoria, Australia

m("geelongcity.vic.gov.au","rdilena");">