birding-aus

Paradise Parrots

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Paradise Parrots
From: "Trevor Quested" <>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 18:23:22 +1100
Rumours about Paradise parrots are not new.  During the last  Atlas of
Australian Birds surveys, a whisper from someone in the know told us that
reliable reports of Paradise Parrots were coming in from around Dalby,
Queensland.  Four of us in an old Ford Falcon motored up there and realised
very quickly it was a very false lead. We showed the perpetrator a lifer in
his own yard, and two more when we went to supposed site.

Anyhow, we'd all seen it in the Macleay Museum in Sydney Uni.  Didn't look
so hot I thought.

Coming home, we stopped at David Fleay's wildlife park.  We met the great
man and, as we all had read "Nightwatchman of the Bush and Plains", asked
him to tell us his secret of finding owls.  Just do it all by call he said.

Trevor  Quested
Sydney,  Australia

Phone   +61 2 9955 6266
Fax  + 61 2  9959 4005