birding-aus

Paradise Parrots

Subject: Paradise Parrots
From: Robert Davis <>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 10:46:29
Dear birders,

I just recently purchased the book "Australian Grass Parakeets" by Sindel
and Gill. I was interested to read that there have been apparent
unconfirmed sightings of Paradise Parrots by notable birders in the last
decade and apparently there is an article in Wingspan 11 about this (which
I don't have). The authors of the book seem to imply that there is an
conspiracy by the Queensland Parks and Wildlife service to protect
re-discovered populations of Paradise Parrots (which makes sense) and that
the Queensland Museum apparently found some eggs in the wild in the last
decade. Can anyone shed any light as to the truth of these rumours?

Regards,

Rob.