birding-aus

Toothbill Bowerbirds

Subject: Toothbill Bowerbirds
From: Graham and Gill Harrington <>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 16:05:46 +1100
I would be really grateful for information about the leaves used by
Toothbills to "decorate" their courts.  If anyone has recorded the species
of leaf used I would welcome that information, the date and precise details
of the location.  All contributions will be acknowledged both directly and
in any publication.  Toothbills have individual preferences for the leaves
they use but tend to use similar leaves in a single locality.  There are big
differences in the leaves used between localities and this is not
necassarily due to availability.  I am intending to undertake a
comprehensive survey of this next year.

Please send the info via email or to Box 680, Malanda, Q 4885.