birding-aus

RFI: female-female nesting pairs

Subject: RFI: female-female nesting pairs
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 23:38:44 +1100
I am currently trying to finish an article about possible nesting by a
female-female pair of Singing Honeyeaters (their nest included two pairs
of eggs but no young hatched).

Does anyone know of any references to female-female pairs please (in
addition to the HANZAB reference to female-female pairs amongst Silver
Gulls in New Zealand).

Has anyone any suggestions about where else on the Internet it could be
useful to publish this request ?

("My" birds had a nest 50 cm from a nest which was successful the
previous year and changed-over at the nest about every 5 minutes. They
were the only Singing Honeyeaters in the area - Beach Park, Bayside, S-E
Melbourne.  The nearest breeding locations I know are Point Cook and the
Mornington Peninsula, both about 50 kms. away although there may have
been breeding at Cherry Lake, Altona, 20 kms away.)

Thanx (and Happy Christmas)

Michael Norris

P.S. No Pallid Cuckoos seen in Bayside within 14 months of my
observations of this nest.