birding-aus

Bins and Bangkok etc

Subject: Bins and Bangkok etc
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 22:47:02 +1000 (EST)
Adding to David Andrew's comments on Bangkok Airport:

This is a good spot as there are wetlands and paddies very close.  I
picked upthe little local cormorant (Pygmy?  I think it's REN has changed)
but gave up in despair at the swifts - mostly HOUSE I think but I find
this group a bit hard when I'm jetlagged.  Anyway, there are good spots to
peer out across the tarmacs, as well as through the window when you're
taxiing.  Certainly one of the places to go for a window seat.

You can always take a one-day stopover here and build up your bulbul
collection!

Cheers
Russell Woodford
Now, back to Aussie birds ....