birding-aus

Re: Bush Thick-knee egg incubation period.

To: Phil Joy <>
Subject: Re: Bush Thick-knee egg incubation period.
From: Michael Hines <>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 06:13:00 +1000 (GMT+1000)
        Phil, thanks for the advice on fledging period of 47-50 days. My
friend and I were discussing the problem yesterday and made reference to
the few books I have (Serventy and Whittell being one of the most useful).
        The expected behaviour is that on hatching, the parent birds will
move their young away from the nest site. Whatever happens, the mowing
will be selective and sufficient cover for the family group will be left.

        Mike Hines
        42,Pangeza Street,
        Stafford Heights,
        Brisbane,
        Queensland, 4053,
        Australia.             Phone 07 33594998.