birding-aus

1997 Bird Research Directory: Update 3

Subject: 1997 Bird Research Directory: Update 3
From: Stephen Ambrose <>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 08:31:04 +1100
1997 AUSTRALIAN BIRD RESEARCH DIRECTORY
UPDATE 3

My apologies for posting this weekly update a few days earlier than usual.
I will not have access to the Internet over the next few days, so I thought
it would be better to post an early update rather than one which is delayed.

Once again, there was a good response from contributors to the Bird
Research Directory during the week. 61 research groups/individuals have now
provided me with information for the Directory.

Special thanks go to researchers in New South Wales and Queensland who
responded to my call for more contributions last weekend. I?m also grateful
to those researchers in Tasmania and the Northern Territory who sent in
contributions, but there are many others in these areas who could
contribute to the Directory. Contributions from South Australian and
overseas researchers would also be most welcome at this stage.

The list of people who sent responses to me by 8 am, 21 November 1997 (EST)
is shown below:

Colin Bailey (University of Adelaide)
Steve Blaber (CSIRO)
Ray Brereton (Tasmanian Parks and Wildlife Service)
Belinda Brooker (Murdoch University)
Allan Burbidge (WA Department of Conservation and Land Management)
Andrew Burbidge (WA Department of Conservation & Land Management)
Peter Cale (CSIRO)
Belinda Cannell (Murdoch University)
Angela Chapman (University of Queensland)
Andrew Cockburn (Australian National University)
Brian Collins (Curtin University)
Ruth Coulson (University of Melbourne)
Alan Danks (WA Department of Conservation and Land Management)
Stephen Davies (Murdoch University)
Daniel Ebert (Australian National University)
Andrew Fisher (Charles Sturt University)
Hugh Ford (University of New England)
Kristine French (University of Wollongong)
David Goldney (Charles Sturt University)
Ronda Green (Griffith University)
Michelle Hall (Australian National University)
Robert Heinsohn (Australian National University)
Robert Henriod (James Cook University)
Cilla Kinross (Charles Sturt University)
Darryl Jones (Griffith University)
Nicholas Klomp (Charles Sturt University)
Elsie Krebs (Australian National University)
David Lindenmayer (Australian National University)
Catherine Meathrel (La Trobe University)
Rob Magrath (Australian National University)
Graham Martin (University of Western Australia)
John Martindale (NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service)
Peter Mawson (WA Department of Conservation and Land Management)
Clive Minton (Victorian Wader Studies Group)
Rob Morrison (Flinders University)
Emma Moysey (La Trobe University)
Ursula Munro (Sydney University of Technology)
David Nicholls (Peninsula Institute of TAFE)
Martin O?Brien (Victorian Department of Natural Resources and Environment)
Angela Paltridge (University of Adelaide)
Hugh Possingham (University of Adelaide)
David Priddel (NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service)
Shane Raidal (Murdoch University)
David Rounsevell (Queensland Department of Environment)
Ian Rowley and Eleanor Russell
Vi Saffer (Murdoch University)
Denis Saunders (CSIRO, Division of Wildlife and Ecology)
Dick Schodde (CSIRO, Division of Wildlife and Ecology)
Iain Taylor (Charles Sturt University)
Sarah Taylor (Charles Sturt University)
Ian Temby (Victorian Department of Natural Resources and Environment)
Chris Tidemann (Australian National University)
Anne-Marie Wilson (Canberra University)
Stephen Williams (James Cook University)
Phil Withers (University of Western Australia)
John Woinarski (Parks and Wildlife Commission of the Northern Territory)
Doug Watkins (Wetlands International Oceania)
Peter Woodall (University of Queensland)
Ron Wooller (Murdoch University)
Richard Zann (La Trobe University)
Stephen Ambrose (Birds Australia)

Even though I will not be able to check my email for a few days, please
keep on sending in your contributions!

Kind regards,
Stephen

Dr Stephen Ambrose
Research Manager

Birds Australia (Royal Australasian Ornithologists Union)
Australian Bird Research Centre
415 Riversdale Road,
Hawthorn East,
VIC   3123.