birding-aus

Bird field guides (was Re: 2 things)

Subject: Bird field guides (was Re: 2 things)
From: Koren Mitchell <>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 10:36:12 +1000
Another potential source for bird field guides is mail order via the
Internet. Of course it depends on how much of a hurry you are in to get the
books, but it could work out cheaper. Two web addresses to try are
http://www.amazon.com/ (probably the largest on-line bookstore in the
world) and http://aaup.uchicago.edu/, the Association of American
University Presses, which also has online ordering. I've ordered a couple
of things from Amazon specifying the "in-between" shipping rate (I forget
what it's called) and received them in about 2 weeks from shipping date.

Cheers,
Koren

At 16:39 17/10/97 +0000, lorne wrote:
>Hello BIRDLOVERS... Lorne here...
>
>1. What is the best bookshop in OZ for international bird field guides?
>Is it Andrew Isles? I am interested in buying a South American guide
>(Amazonian areas!). Does anyone know where to get one?

Koren Mitchell
IT & Multimedia Unit, School of Dental Science, University of Melbourne
ph 9341 0407

Also Wed afternoon - Friday at the Faculty of Medicine Dentistry and Health
Sciences
ph 9344 5827