birding-aus

FW: Coxen's Fig-Parrot Survey

To: "'ozbird'" <>
Subject: FW: Coxen's Fig-Parrot Survey
From: "Conole, Lawrie" <>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 17:58:10 +1000
> If anybody has the time and inclination to spend a week in late
> November
> looking for and at small, rare, green parrots in rainforest, read on.
> We
> are assisting the NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service recruit
> volunteer
> observers for a survey of Coxen?s Fig-Parrot (the endangered southern
> subspecies of the Double-eyed Fig-Parrot) in north-eastern New South
> Wales
> from Saturday 22 to Saturday 29 November 1997.  The following
> information
> comes from NSW NPWS:

As one of the lucky few to have seen Coxen's Fig-Parrot (at the
Cambridge Plateau site), I can heartily endorse this project.  Anyone
who goes along will see some fantastic birds, mammals, reptiles &
amphibians in those Border Ranges forests, and who knows, you might be
lucky enough to see that rare little bird!

************
Lawrie Conole
2/45 Virginia Street
Newtown 3220 Victoria