birding-aus

Birding-aus crashes in wacky spiritualist slanging match

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Birding-aus crashes in wacky spiritualist slanging match
From: "Glen Ingram" <>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 14:20:40 +1000
Birding-aus, the well-known bulletin board, crashed today after the owner
was caught positioning plainswanderers on a ouiji board.

"Yes" said an ex-list subscriber, "I was shocked." I asked `What's going
on'?". But I never got a str8 answer. He just hinted there was something
sinister about the Birding-aus computer. That he was doing the only thing
to stop it going loopy. Needless to say I ran from the room screaming and
unsubscribed."

A spokesperson for a very influential birder said the trouble with the
computer was that there was too much humour on Birding-aus. "It takes a lot
to know what is comic and what isn't. Some of us haven't got a funny bone
in our bodies. We have to hire people to tell us when to laugh. And that
makes Birding-aus too expensive to subscribe to."

Perhaps the last word goes to a well-known ornithological skrier who said,
"What's going on? 333% of my email was duplicates today: that's 333X2. You
get my drift. And only Beelzebub would confuse tattlers with Trevor
Quested. So you can read between the lines for yourself."

Owner, Russell Woodford denied there were any problems and that it was
rubbish that Bill Gates name added up to 666 in ASCII code.

Trevor Quested couldn't be contacted because he was in the field catching
plainswanderers for his proposed new set of repeating cyber tarot cards.

Note my new address. Please change your address books.

Glen Ingram
Brisbane, Australia.

"Oysters are more beautiful than any religion. There's nothing in
Christianity or Buddhism that quite matches the sympathetic unselfishness
of an oyster" Saki.