birding-aus

Birding Humor or the Lack Thereof

Subject: Birding Humor or the Lack Thereof
From: Richard Wood <>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 15:13:55 -0700
At 08:05 AM 9/12/97 +0800, Russell, the birding-Aus steward, asked if the witty replies would only be sent to the original sender.

I subscribe to a number of bird lists here in the US and many of them hold to the idea that the levity police will surely come and put a bright yellow sticker on their monitors if humor is said or implied.

My request is therefore, if it is necessary, reduce the levity to a dull roar but please don't shut it off.

Without it birding becomes quite sterile. Off course, some birders like it that way, very effecient but dull. Even a mispelling now and then is better than subject, verb and a few nouns (be careful, not too many).

I enjoy very much travelling, vicariously, down and up and, forth and back across your most beautiful land with the reports and the bird chatter.

Good Birding

Dick Wood

Tucson, AZ

32-16'-53.5" 111-04'-22.5"
En la tierra del sol y el cactus saguaro
http://www.azstarnet.com/~pawood/index.htm