birding-aus

Re: Striated Pardalote calls

To: "Vella, Edwin" <>, "" <>
Subject: Re: Striated Pardalote calls
From: "Trevor Quested" <>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 16:27:24 +1000
Trevor Quested & Annie Young
Sydney,  Australia

Phone   +61 2 9955 6266
Fax  + 61 2  9959 4005

> On the subject of Striated Pardalotes, do the calls of the various race

> of Striated Pardalotes in Australia (and other birds with different races

> in Australia such as Varied Sitella) have different calls ?

Athol Colemane always maintained the inland form of the Striated Pardalote
called wit-wit whereas the "red-tipped" pardalote called wit-a-wit.  I
think we found this not to be so clear.  He also said the "yellow-tipped"
only gave the trill.  It has been so long since I have seen one (once we
saw thousands of them in winter at Annangrove, Sydney) I forget.

Trevor