birding-aus

Re: Black Butcherbird

Subject: Re: Black Butcherbird
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 15:35:54 +0800

> (Kieran Daly) wrote :

>2. Why does the black butcherbird have such a
>small distribution in Australia? I saw it with
>ease in Kuranda State Forest but no where else.

I have found Black Butcherbird common from the Centennial Gardens in
Cairns, Kuranda, Julatten, Iron Range and Cape York in rainforest.

They only just occur in WA in mangroves between the mouth of the Ord River
and the NT border.  I haven't worked out an affordable means of checking
this area out.  I haven't seen Black Butcherbird in the NT?  Do they occur
in mangroves or rainforest?

Frank