birding-aus

Life-challenging exotic doves

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Life-challenging exotic doves
From: "Glen Ingram" <>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 16:34:45 +1000
LORNE wrote: BLASTING FERALS

> What's all this about KILLING birds, even if they are Collared Doves?

This "blasting' is overdoing it a bit. The birds will be life-challenged at
the most.

> There seems to be a redneck contingent out there who want to destroy
> animals.

They eat a few too. To me, that "redneck' statement is a bit queer.

> This blast anything feral trip agrivates me.

Yes, and not life-challenging ferals insenses me.

> Why don't you
> travel back in time and blast the men who made the ferals widespread.

Okay! And you stay here and deal with the cafe owners at Redcliffe.

> Birdos shouldn't be about killing birds. CONSERVATION. Where's the
> tangible proof that Collared Doves are ruining things for native birds?

Where is the proof that they are not? Someone has to stand up for native
birds.

> And Glen Ingram... I'm not going to tell any Gov. people to kill off
> animals. How inhumane is that?

It's not! I think they are used to being ignored.

> LORNE,
>
>  who's not a wimp, and has fangs, Glen.

And big ones too! I am wounded but I'll be back.

Glen J. Ingram
Brisbane, Australia.

"Life is full of complex problems with simple wrong answers."