birding-aus

Re: Collared Doves and other dangerous escapees

To: "Birding Aus" <>, <>
Subject: Re: Collared Doves and other dangerous escapees
From: "Glen Ingram" <>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 20:12:03 +1000
Dear Michael,
I couldn't agree with you more. Go to it Tom. Same in Townsville Marjorie
or their will be a row over this.
What really surprises is the tolerance being shown to these introduced
species everywhere?
Hey, where are your lungs people? Get onto the Government people and say
"kill". Basically, if you don't, no one will take action. The public
servants are petrified of Animal Libbers, the pernicious anemia set and "B"
tickers. Grow some fangs, wimps. (Just, checking: is Russell still away?)

Glen Ingram

"Why experiment on animals when there are so many lawyers?"

> From: mash <>
> Subject: Re: Collared Doves and other dangerous escapees
> Date: Thursday, 21 August 1997 15:14
>
> Tom Tarrant wrote:
>
> > Several pairs of Collared Doves ('Barbary' Doves) Streptopelia decaocto
are becoming established at Reef Point