birding-aus

Trip Report - Madagascar (sort of)

Subject: Trip Report - Madagascar (sort of)
From: Ronald Orenstein <>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 21:36:20 -0400
I recently returned from  seven-week trip to Zimbabwe (where I attended the
CITES Conference in Harare), South Africa and Madagascar.  The Madagascar
trip was my first, and I suspect the one that will be of the greatest
interest to other birders.

However, I have decided NOT to do a standard Trip Report.  Pictures of
Madagascar birds are hard to come by, and I had quite a bit of luck with my
video camera - so I have used a Video "Snappy" to create, instead of a
report, a little web site called "Video Birding in Madagascar".  I think
you will find it - though hardly of Frans Lanting standard - more fun than
simply reading about the goodies I saw.  It consists of a home page, four
site pages and a links page. the URL is:

http://www.inforamp.net/~ornstn/madagascar.html

Let me know what you think.

PS - if any of you have trouble reaching the site (I could not reach my own
web pages from South Africa without changing the URL), try one of the
following:

http://www.inforamp.net/home/~ornstn/madagascar.html
http://www.inforamp.net/home/ornstn/madagascar.html

Please let me know if you have any difficulties - I'm no expert at this!

--
1825 Shady Creek Court
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5L 3W2          Internet: