birding-aus

Migratory Shearwaters?

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Migratory Shearwaters?
From: Klaus Uhlenhut <>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 00:04:47 +1000
Dear pelagic-birding-aussers,I just had an inquiry from Germany in
regards to Shearwaters. This gentleman read apparently somewhere, that
near Boyds NP? on the 27.9.1996 a flock of 600000 migrating shearwaters
was seen . As I am in the North and know nothing about seabirds (apart
from boobies, terns and frigatebirds). Is this a regular occurrence? Can
it be seen from the mainland? If not, are there any pelagic trips at that
time of the year with a good chance to see such movements? Any info would
be appreciated.  Best regards, Klaus Uhlenhut (Kirrama Wildlife Tours)