birding-aus

FeederCam

Subject: FeederCam
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 16:43:05 +1000 (EST)
Hi all

I recently stumbled across a rather nice webcam - on a bird feeder.
There was one around a year or so back, but it was in low resolution B&W
and rarely updated.

Now we have WILD BIRDS UNLIMITED FeederCam at http://www.wbu.com/

That's the homepage - you'll find the feeder page from there.

It's high resolution colour, updated every three minutes.  What makes it
rather nice is that the date & time are printed on the bottom of the frame
- very handy for when something unusual turns up at the feeder.  They have
a "Life List" for the feeder as well as other interesting stuff.  Some
educational resources as well.

I was lucky enough to see a young Downy Woodpecker and some sort of
rosefinch.  [NO! Of course I'm not adding them to my list, Lawrie!]

I'll add a link from the birding-aus web page in the near future.

Is anyone interested in putting up a camera somewhere on this continent.
A wetland one makes more sense than a feeder, as we don't really do that
sort of stuff, do we?  There has been some interest from folk in distant
lands who would like to peek in on Aussie birds.

How about a BIRDS AUSTRALIA webcam???????

Cheers

Russell Woodford
Geelong
Victoria