birding-aus

Laughing Turtle-Doves

Subject: Laughing Turtle-Doves
From: Hugo Phillipps <>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 13:24:23 +1000 (EST)
I am forwarding the following message from Les Underhill of the Avian
Demography Unit in South Africa.  If anybody is working on Laughing
Turtle-Doves in WA, or interested in doing so, please get in touch with Les
directly.   Evolutionary changes in an introduced population might show up
relatively quickly in detailed biometrics.

>From:          "Les Underhill" <>
>To:            Hugo Phillipps <>
>Date:          Thu, 29 May 1997 08:30:52 SAST-2
>Subject:       Re: Alien species
>
>Hi Hugo
>
>Do you know of any ringer who traps "Laughing Doves" _Streptopelia
>senegalensis_ in Western Australia? I have a huge amount of moult
>and biometric data which my Dad (who died in January) collected, and
>it would be nice to co- operate with someone working on an introduced
>population.
>
>Les

Cheers,  Hugo.

Hugo Phillipps,
Birds Australia Conservation & Liaison,
Australian Bird Research Centre,
415 Riversdale Road,
Hawthorn East, VIC 3123, Australia.
Tel: +61 3 9882 2622. Fax: +61 3 9882 2677.
Email: <>
The Virtual Emu: http://www.vicnet.net.au/~raou/raou.html