birding-aus

Birding in Hong Kong

Subject: Birding in Hong Kong
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <> (by way of (Dr Richard Nowotny))
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 18:06:32 -1000
To: Niels Poul Dreyer <>
From:  (Dr Richard Nowotny)
Subject: Re:  Lansley & Hong Kong
Cc: birding-aus

Niels
I know a bit about Hong Kong (I've been a couple of times - it's terrific)
and can provide you with quite good information and some literature.  I have
an excellent recent field guide, a superb booklet about where to find birds
in HK, info. about how to get permits, the name and address of HK's best (?)
local guide (an Englishman resident in HK trading as Kingfisher Tours) and a
terrific 2-part article from the American Birding Association's journal
"Birding" on birding in HK.
However, at the moment I am in Townsville and have none of the stuff on hand
to be able to give you more details.  I will be back in Melbourne on Sunday
(25th).  If you want to follow-up any of this you could drop me an email
message or perhaps telephone me Sunday evening on 03-9822.6176.
Regards
Richard Nowotny