birding-aus

White's (Scaly) Thrush Complex

Subject: White's (Scaly) Thrush Complex
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 09:02:54 +0000 (GMT)
[**** Insert text here ****]
--- Begin Message ---
Subject: White's Thrush Complex
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 08:26:49 +0000 (GMT)
Hello all

I'm putting out a request for tape recordings of the White's (Scaly) Thrush
complex, Zoothera dauma. I particularly am after recordings of the songs of
the form found in Sri Lanka and the form found in the Indian Subcontinent.

The recordings are to help Pete Clements who wants to write a piece on the
possible species status of the Sri Lankan Scaly Thrush for the forthcoming
Oriental Bird Club Bulletin 'Sri Lanka Special'. If anyone can help, or
indeed if anyone has tapes of the songs of any of the Asian Zoothera
species, please get in touch with me by email. All contributions would of
course be fully acknowledged.

Thanks

Richard Thomas
Oriental Bird Club Bulletin Editor
59 Coolidge Gardens, Cottenham, CB4 4RQ, UK