birding-aus

RE: albatross back in town

Subject: RE: albatross back in town
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 22:12:48 +0800
>Car Loves wrote :
>Just a short note informing people that the first albatross for this
season,off Wollongong ...

I had assumed that albatross are seen off Wollongong all year, so this
message was a surprise for me.  I was disappointed that the Perth pelagics
found no albatross in November and April.  I had thought that we would see a
couple at least.  This expectation was based on being able to see albatross
from the cliffs off the south coast at Albany and Augusta at any time of the
year.  I also saw lots of albatross off Tasmania in mid March a few years
ago, and some off Phillip Island a week later.

Does anyone know when they are absent off Wollongong?