birding-aus

New Zealand Birding

Subject: New Zealand Birding
From: (Paul Foxworthy)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 97 20:27:24 +1000
>I will we spending 3 weeks in New Zealand starting Feb.27, and would
>appreciate any recent information on sites for Blue Duck, Kokako, Black
>Stilt and NZ Falcon.

We've just come back from a trip to NZ - we dipped on the first three.
We saw NZ Falcon along the read between Te Anau and Manapouri (Fiordland
in South Island) once, and were checking there because of a suspected
sighting from a speedy tour bus the day before.

Get the new "Field Guide to the Birds of New Zealand" by Barrie Heather
and Hugh Robertson, first published last year by Viking. It is superb.
We saw it in several larger bookshops, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

--
-- Paul Foxworthy --------------------  --
I LIKE TO THINK I AM A PICKER-UP OF UNCONSIDERED TRIFLES. Death grinned