birding-aus

Recording bird calls

Subject: Recording bird calls
From: IAN MAC RAE <>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 15:22:27 +1000
Hi all birdos:
I am trying to get information on what sort of gear is required for making
good quality recordings of bird calls in natural environments and would
appreciate any help on this matter from anyone who has done this
successfully.Specifically I need information on what sort of microphone and
tape gear that should be used to get acceptable results and of course any
other helpful advice. It is not for my own use but for a handicapped person
who is looking for interesting ways to expand his outdoor interests.
Please send any replies to me at:

Thanks,
Ian MacRae,
5 Elizabeth Batts Court,