birding-aus

UK: World Birding Conference

Subject: UK: World Birding Conference
From: Alan McBride <>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 11:05:47 +1100
My apologies if this gets posted twice or so, it looks worthwhile forwarding
on quickly....

Alan

>X-From_:   Sun Jan 26 10:51:49 1997
>Date:         Sat, 25 Jan 1997 23:41:43 GMT
>Sender: "National Birding Hotline Cooperative (Chat Line)"
>              <>
>From: Andrew Grieve <>
>Subject:      UK: World Birding Conference
>
>If anyone is visiting the UK in early April they may be interested to know
>about the following conference.
>
>World Birding Conference.
>
>The World Birding Conference aims to bring together all those with an
>interest in birds and their habitats world-wide and seeks to promote the
>contribution of birders to global conservation.
>
>It is being jointly organised by the African Bird Club, British
>Ornithologists' Union, British Trust for Ornithology, Neotropical Bird Club,
>Oriental Bird Club and the Ornithological Society of the Middle East.
>
>4 - 6 April 1997 at
>Swanwick, Derbyshire, UK
>______________________
>
>Programme
>
>Friday evening
>
>1700
>Registration
>
>1800
>Drinks reception hosted by Pica Press
>
>1900
>Dinner, and welcome
>
>Chair:
>Richard Porter
>2030
>"The Agony and the Ecstacy"
>Tony Marr
>
>2130
>Free time; bar open
>______________________
>
>Saturday morning
>
>0830
>Breakfast
>
>0915
>Welcome to the conference
>
>Birding in the context of global conservation
>
>John Croxall
>Chair:
>Jeremy Greenwood
>0930
>How birders can contribute to the conservation of global biodiversity
>Graham Wynne, RSPB
>1000
>Global change and bird conservation
>Stephen Moss, BBC
>
>1030 - 1100
>Coffee
>
>Migration studies
>
>Chair:
>Geoff Welch
>1100
>Wader migration on the east Atlantic flyway
>Theunis Piersma, Netherlands Institute for Sea Research
>1130
>Raptor migration in the northern hemisphere
>Bill Clark
>1200
>Bird migration through Malaysia
>David Wells
>
>1300
>Lunch
>______________________
>
>Saturday afternoon
>
>Birding and Conservation
>
>Chair:
>Colin Poole
> [...]
Alan McBride
P O Box 190
Newport Beach
NSW 2060
Australia

Tel:    + 61 2 9973 1536        Home    /       Tel:    + 61 2 9922 1411
Business
Fax     + 61 2 9973 2306        Home    /       Fax:    + 61 2 9929 5789
Business
e-mail