birding-aus

request for info

Subject: request for info
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 21:33:40 -0500
Australian birding friends,
     I am sending along a request for information from a friend who is
visiting Australia.  I posted this request to the BIRDCHAT group today, and a
prompt reply from Tom Tarrant and Marie Hayward suggested that I also post a
message to this address.  Any information received will be greatly
appreciated!  I will be happy to assist anyone with USA information if I can,
as well, especially the area of New York, New Jersey, or Pennsylvania (my
home state).  Thanks again,
Bill Benner NY NY

>Hi Folks, and Happy New Year,
>     I am writing to request some information for my very lucky but
>not-on-line birding companion, Joe Wicinski, who is going to Australia for
>one month, beginning Jan 27, 1997.  He will be visiting the following
cities,
>in the following order, and would like any information about the specific
>sites mentioned, as well as any other "must-see" areas:  Sydney, inc. Royal
>Mountain Park and the Blue Mountains;  Melbourne, inc. Sherbrook Forest,
>Wilson's Promontory, and Phillip's Island;  Tasmania, inc. Brury Island,
>Fraycinet Nat. Park, Cradle Mountain, and Cataract Gorge (don't these places
>sound terrific?!);  Kangaroo Island, Wisteria Lodge;  an Adelaide stopover;
> Alice Springs and Ayers Rock;  Brisbane, inc. Lamington Nat. park;  and
>Heron Island via Gladstone.
>     Whew!  Well, I'm not jealous or anything.  My chance to see Australia
>vicariously.  Anyway, any help or info that you send to me I will print out
>and pass along to Joe.  Also, I will summarize the info into one or more
long
>messages and post them to BIRDCHAT at the end of the month.  I also heard
>that there is a list (BIRD-OZ?) that you can subscribe to about Aussie
birds?
> If anyone knows how to do this, I would appreciate knowing--perhaps the
>others on the list would as well.  Thanks in advance for any and all help.
>     Good birding to all, and thanks as well to Chuck Williamson for all of
>his hard work.  As a newcomer this year, I have had many positive (and zero
>negative) interactions with people online, and have received tons of help
>from you all, and have also tried to contribute some help of my own.
 Thanks,