birding-aus

REQUEST: Records of Threatened Birds of Malaysia

Subject: REQUEST: Records of Threatened Birds of Malaysia
From: (Kim Lim)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 12:47:20 +1100
Dear Oz-birders,

I am forwarding the request below on the chance that Oz-birders who have
visited Malaysia (including Sabah and Sarawak States on Borneo) could be of
assistance:

RED DATA BOOK OF BIRDS OF ASIA

The Bird Conservation Council of the Malaysian Nature Society is carrying
out a project to collect data on globally threatened and near-threatened
birds in Malaysia for the Red Data Book of Asia to be published by BirdLife
International.

We would like to seek your assistance in the collection of data of birds in
List-I and List-II. I do hope that you will be able to assist us in this
important project. We hope to complete all data collection by the last
quarter of 1996.

Thank you.

Kanda Kumar
Chairman
Bird Conservation Council
Malaysian Nature Society
Kuala Lumpur

In order not to take up too much bandwidth, I have not listed the 120 birds
in List-I and List-II. Birders who may have relevant records are welcome to
email me directly for the species list and for the format of reporting
personal sightings. I will then forward these to the Malaysian Nature
Society by snail mail.

Those who are concerned about some of the threatened birds of Asia and
would like to know which species they are can also email me for the lists.

Thanks in advance.

Kim Lim

1/117 Hubert Street
East Vic Park  WA 6101