birding-aus

Best of 95

Subject: Best of 95
From: Kim Lim <>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 08:01:33 +0800
Hello everyone,
Most memorable birding experience would have to be the time I was at Two
People Bay near Albany in Western Australia. It was in July and that was my
4th or 5th visit to look for the Noisy Scrub Bird, each visit involving a 5
hour drive from Perth. It was a thrill to hear its beautiful and powerful
call but seeing the bird was another matter. Persistence and patience (with
a little help from a tape, sorry!) paid off and I had tantalising but good
views of the fabulous bird. It was amazing that the bird was calling just
metres from me in low scrub and I had the most trying time in seeing it!
Fantastic!
Happy holidays and good birding!

Kim