birding-aus

Removing birds from the list

Subject: Removing birds from the list
From: Bill Venables <>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 10:30:12 +0930
Mildly apropos Rafael's question regarding removal of birds from
the list, I have often been a little intrigued by the choice of
birds for the cover of the Slater book.

Among other things it features a red bishop bird.  The only
information I have is that there was once a feral population
along the Murray, but that they haven't been sighted since the
floods of 1956!

Bill