birding-aus

Cairns Pelagic

Subject: Cairns Pelagic
From: (Andy Anderson / Greg Anderson)
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 1995 22:43:42 +1000
We've decided to run a pelagic on the 1st October from Cairns. The petrels
we hope might be out there are Gould's,Collared,Black-winged,Herald and
Tahiti, with Kermadec,Providence and Bulwer's as remote possibilities at
this time of year.
Shearwaters such as Flesh-footed,Streaked,Hutton's,Fluttering and Audubon's
are not really expected at this time either, which leaves only
Wedge-tailed.
But we hope that Wilson's,at least,and hopefully Black-bellied and
White-bellied Storm-petrels will be present.
We would appreciate comments on these possibilities from those of you who
have experienced pelagic species up this way.
Wouldn't it be good to be with Greg Roberts off the NW coast at the moment?
Cheers,

Andy Anderson.