ts-7000

[ts-7000] TS7400: Problem with usb serial device pl2303

Subject: [ts-7000] TS7400: Problem with usb serial device pl2303
From: "terrybarnaby43" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 10:16:09 -0000
We are using a TS-7400 in a system. This has the standard 2.4.x kernel
and basic files system in on-board flash and is working fine.
We are now trying to use a USB to serial converter with the
board and are having problems. We have used:

modprobe pcipool
modprobe usb-ohci
modprobe usb-ohci-ep93xx
modprobe usbcore
modprobe usbserial
modprobe pl2303

And the device appears fine as /dev/usb/tts/0.
Our simple test programs, that function fine on other systems, work
with this when receiving characters fine. However when sending characters all
of them disappear without trace. There are no write errors on the ts7400 side,
but none appear on the connected computer side. I am pretty sure the test
programs are fine, we are using them as the main code was exhibiting the same
problem.
Any ideas ?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional