ts-7000

Re: [ts-7000] bootload function

Subject: Re: [ts-7000] bootload function
From: Jim Jackson <>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 16:18:12 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011, bart.garrein wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to setup a testing environment to try out my code containing a
> custom kernel and root fs. As I'm new at TS stuff and I don't seem to find a
> well documented howto on using the bootload functionality, here 's my
> question:
> Does anyone have experience in using the bootload functionality?
>
> In the manual the explanation is limited to:
> # Reboot a kernel, but pass the 1MB running ramdisk to the new kernel:
> mount -o remount,ro /dev/rd/0 /
> bootload -c "console=ttyAM0,115200 root=/dev/ram0" -r /dev/rd/0
> \ -r 0x100000
>
> Has anyone found/made a good tutorial on using this?
>
> I would like to mount as much of code as possible in a NFS share and then
> run it from the share in the end.

On my TS-7260, here's my invocation of bootload to mount using an nfs root
partition...

 insmod bootloader.o
 bootload -c "console=ttyAM0,115200 ip=dhcp nfsroot=/home/export/debdev"
/vmlinux.bin

The dhcpd.conf entry for the SBC is

 # TS7260 ARM SBC ethernet
 host yttrium {
  hardware ethernet 00:d0:69:42:b8:a2;
  fixed-address 192.168.10.39;
  next-server iridium;
 }

The new kernel is in the original root image of the default booted kernel.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: