pwc

[pwc] Questions about fixing parameters of my TouCam

Subject: [pwc] Questions about fixing parameters of my TouCam
From: "Etienne Besançon" <>
From: "Etienne Besan\347on" <besancon.e... ^
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:07:35 +0200 (CEST)
Hi !

I'm trying to switch off all the electronic corrections that are make by the
webcam. In fact, the aim of my small software if to get raw data from the CCD
sensor.

I picked parts of "setpwc" sources and add fonctions to acquire and process
images.
The first part is to fix parameters :
_ switch off the automatic gain control (put 0)
_ set compression preference to 0
_ switch off the white balance (manual, blue=0, red=0)
_ set the shutter to a fixed value

Is it possible to check the value of the shutter (there is no
"VIDIOCPWCGSHUTTER") ?

I have also some problems to fix the white balance, the value of
"pwcwb->manual_red" and "pwcwb->manual_blue" cannot be switch of (I mean "set
to 0"). The lowest values I get are (r: 10240, b: 4352).

How can we get real "raw data" from the webcam ?

(==> http://www.ece.fr/~besancon/stage/programmes/Gilgamesh/v3/ )

Thanks a lot,
Etienne