[Nature Recordists] Digest Number 7114

To: "" <>
Subject: [Nature Recordists] Digest Number 7114
From: "" <>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 02:47:19 +0000
There are 7 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1a. Re: Batango - open source bat detector
    From: Ivano Pelicella

2a. Re: Digest Number 7113
    From: FLAWN WILLIAMS
2b. Re: Digest Number 7113
    From: Chris Erkal
2c. Re: Digest Number 7113
    From: Borja Marcos

3a. Re: yahoo groups demise
    From: John Crockett
3b. Re: yahoo groups demise
    From:  kf6gpe
3c. Re: yahoo groups demise
    From: Martyn Stewart

Messages
1a. Re: Batango - open source bat detector
    Posted by: "Ivano Pelicella"  ipelicella
    Date: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:36 pm ((PDT))

I did the circuit from a service.
If there is some people that would like to build it I can to do it with
standard (non SMD) components only wired on a breadboard
Ivano

--
_______________
www.dodotronic.com

Messages in this topic (4)
2a. Re: Digest Number 7113
    Posted by: "FLAWN WILLIAMS"  flawn1951
    Date: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:09 am ((PDT))

I would be happy to donate a portion of that cost to bring the archives over to
the new platform. There is a lot of wisdom and inspiring curiosity in the back
issues of this listserv.

—Flawn

> On Oct 21, 2019, at 10:52 PM,  wrote:
>
> 1b. Re: yahoo groups demise
>    Posted by: "Wim van Dam"
> <> wim_van_dam
>    Date: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:21 pm ((PDT))
>
> I agree: moving from Yahoo groups to groups.io <http://groups.io/> is indeed
> the sensible thing
> to do.I have been involved in several such moves and I can confirm that it
> is a seamless process.
>
> BUT...
>
> To move all of our 56k+ messages from YG to GIO we need some buy in:
> + We need the approval and cooperation of the current owners/moderators of
> the group
> + We need to find the funds for a one time payment of $110 to groups.io
> <http://groups.io/> for
> such a transfer.
>
> Discuss.
>
> Wim van Dam
> Solvang, CA, USA

Messages in this topic (3)
2b. Re: Digest Number 7113
    Posted by: "Chris Erkal"
    Date: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:18 am ((PDT))

What would be a sensible solution to gathering the required €$¥?
Or do you all know and trust each other that we all just wire money somewhere
and expect the best? (Not ironical at all, for me maillinglist etiquette is
something quite obscur, so Im genuinely asking.)

Chris

On Tuesday, 22. October 2019 14:09, FLAWN WILLIAMS
[naturerecordists] <> wrote:

> I would be happy to donate a portion of that cost to bring the archives over
> to the new platform. There is a lot of wisdom and inspiring curiosity in the
> back issues of this listserv.
>
> —Flawn
>
>> On Oct 21, 2019, at 10:52 PM,  wrote:
>>
>> 1b. Re: yahoo groups demise
>>    Posted by: "Wim van Dam"  wim_van_dam
>>    Date: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:21 pm ((PDT))
>>
>> I agree: moving from Yahoo groups to [groups.io](http://groups.io/) is
>> indeed the sensible thing
>> to do.I have been involved in several such moves and I can confirm that it
>> is a seamless process.
>>
>> BUT...
>>
>> To move all of our 56k+ messages from YG to GIO we need some buy in:
>> + We need the approval and cooperation of the current owners/moderators of
>> the group
>> + We need to find the funds for a one time payment of $110 to
>> [groups.io](http://groups.io/) for
>> such a transfer.
>>
>> Discuss.
>>
>> Wim van Dam
>> Solvang, CA, USA

Messages in this topic (3)
2c. Re: Digest Number 7113
    Posted by: "Borja Marcos"  borjamar
    Date: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:42 am ((PDT))

Same here, I can donate.

Fat fingers and tiny keys

> On 22 Oct 2019, at 14:18, Chris Erkal
> [naturerecordists] <> wrote:
>

> What would be a sensible solution to gathering the required €$¥?
> Or do you all know and trust each other that we all just wire money somewhere
> and expect the best? (Not ironical at all, for me maillinglist etiquette is
> something quite obscur, so Im genuinely asking.)
>
> Chris
>

> Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Messages in this topic (3)
3a. Re: yahoo groups demise
    Posted by: "John Crockett"  naturalcontemplative
    Date: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:07 pm ((PDT))

"Attention: Starting December 14, 2019 Yahoo Groups will no longer
host user created content on its sites. New content can no longer be
uploaded after October 28, 2019. Sending/Receiving email
functionality is not going away, you can continue to communicate via
any email client with your group members."

Given this announcement from Yahoo, it seems rather urgent to save
the archives.

Can we hear from the list owner what we need to do to preserve this
valuable resource?

I am happy to contribute (a modest amount of) funds as well toward
migrating to groups.io

John Crockett
Westminster, Vermont

On Oct 21, 2019, at 1:21 AM, Wim van Dam
[naturerecordists] wrote:

> I agree: moving from Yahoo groups to groups.io is indeed the
> sensible thing to do.I have been involved in several such moves and
> I can confirm that it is a seamless process.
>
> BUT...
>
> To move all of our 56k+ messages from YG to GIO we need some buy in:
> + We need the approval and cooperation of the current owners/
> moderators of the group
> + We need to find the funds for a one time payment of $110 to
> groups.io for such a transfer.
>
> Discuss.
>
> Wim van Dam
> Solvang, CA, USA
>

> On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 9:53 PM Russell Dawkins
> [naturerecordists] <> wrote:
> Apparently �groups.io� is a good alternative and migration over is
> easy. I am a member of three other Yahoo groups going this way.
>
> Russell Dawkins
>
> ------------------------------------
> Posted by: Russell Dawkins <>
> ------------------------------------

> sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie
> Krause.
>

> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo Groups Links

Messages in this topic (5)
3b. Re: yahoo groups demise
    Posted by:   kf6gpe
    Date: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:15 pm ((PDT))

I just lurk here and don't have the time to offer to do the groups.io
migration, but I'll happily offer the $110 via PayPal or Google Wallet to any
of the admins willing to do the migration. I appreciate the community here and
wouldn't want to lose it.

Messages in this topic (5)
3c. Re: yahoo groups demise
    Posted by: "Martyn Stewart"  mijdog2000
    Date: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:28 pm ((PDT))

I will talk and get it done

Martyn

Sent from my iPhone
Please excuse my spelling on this tiny keyboard.

> On Oct 21, 2019, at 1:22 AM, Wim van Dam
> [naturerecordists] <> wrote:
>

> I agree: moving from Yahoo groups to groups.io is indeed the sensible thing
> to do.I have been involved in several such moves and I can confirm that it is
> a seamless process.
>
> BUT...
>
> To move all of our 56k+ messages from YG to GIO we need some buy in:
> + We need the approval and cooperation of the current owners/moderators of
> the group
> + We need to find the funds for a one time payment of $110 to groups.io for
> such a transfer.
>
> Discuss.
>
> Wim van Dam
> Solvang, CA, USA
>

>> On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 9:53 PM Russell Dawkins
>> [naturerecordists] <> wrote:
>> Apparently “groups.io” is a good alternative and migration over is easy. I
>> am a member of three other Yahoo groups going this way.
>>
>> Russell Dawkins
>>
>> ------------------------------------
>> Posted by: Russell Dawkins <>
>>
>> "While a picture is worth a thousand words, a
>> sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause..

>> Yahoo Groups Links

Messages in this topic (5)

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional