Re: Lesser birds

Subject: Re: Lesser birds
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:54 am ((PDT))
This is what we all need to hear and do something about: https://www.thegua=
rdian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/23/world-leaders-generation-climate-breakd=
own-greta-thunberg <https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/23/w=
orld-leaders-generation-climate-breakdown-greta-thunberg>

Bernie Krause

Wild Sanctuary
POB 536
Glen Ellen, CA 95442
707-327-6771
http://www.wildsanctuary.com

SKYPE: Bernie Krause
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/BernieKrauseAuthor
TED Global talk: https://www.ted.com/talks/bernie_krause_the_voice_of_the_n=
atural_world?language=3Den

aturerecordists] <> wrote:

> I concur completely, Robert. The changes needed are going to really test =
our societal norms and practices. Correcting this disaster will register ma=
jor changes and sacrifices by everyone.

oogroups.com <>> wrote:

>> All,
>>
>> As has likely been read, insect abundance has precipitously declined ove=
r the last many decades.  As many birds are primarily dependent on insects =
for at least part of their lives, it is not surprising that the loss of ins=
ects cascades into a loss of the organisms that depends on them.  We could =
have all the suitable bird habitat in the world, but without the appropriat=
e food available at the right time, there would still be low bird populatio=
n numbers due to starvation.

>> In general, stopping new development, most pesticide use, and climate ch=
ange are the only ways to reduce this continued decline.  That seems like a=
 tall order for culture/society, especially these days, and I haven't any h=
ope trends will change.

>> Doug Tallamy goes into the science behind this in more depth in his book=
 Bringing Nature Home, released some years ago.  It's a fine read for both =
the general public and researchers.

to:>> wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> More here...