Re: identification request

Subject: Re: identification request
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:24 am ((PDT))
Wow, thanks Dwight, that=92s amazing. Most of the ID CDs I have just have s=
creeching for barn owls. I recorded screeching five or six times, and I gue=
ssed it was juvenile great-horned owls. I recorded great-horned owls in the=
 distance a couple of times in the night.

Why do you think it went on so long? It stopped and started pretty much all=
 night. After I had over an hour of it I stopped recording until it made a =
variation. Later on it seemed to get tired and would stutter and miss beats=
 like an old car. Needless to say I got little sleep.

-Dan

> On Apr 19, 2019, at 6:32 AM,  [naturerecordists] <naturer=
> wrote:
>

> Hi Dan,
>
> It's a Barn Owl. Here's a recording from xeno-canto that matches your rec=
ording-
> https://www.xeno-canto.org/154983 <https://www.xeno-canto.org/154983>
>
> I asked a friend who is a bird expert in the desert SW, who asked someone=
, etc. and they figured it out.