Re: Too much gear...

Subject: Re: Too much gear...
From: "Justin May" jmpg_70
Date: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:08 pm ((PDT))
Hi Tim I=92m in Queanbeyan . I=92m interested in the NT4.

Cheers

Justin

Sent from my iPhone

] <> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I've been sorting through a bunch of my gear and realising just how much =
I have packed away which I haven't used for ages - either because what I'm =
doing has changed, or I have superceded it, or even sometimes just because =
something that seemed like a good idea at the time actually wasn't for me..=
..

> One day soon I will get around to taking formal pics and putting it all o=
n ebay, but I thought I'd see if anyone here is interested first?

> Here's the deal:
>
> The gear is in Australia, some in Sydney and some in Coffs Harbour on the=
 mid north coast. I go between the two every month so can easily get it to =
one or the other. I'm happy to ship anywhere at whatever it costs (which of=
 course will vary depending on what and where). Pick up in either area is g=
ood.

> All the gear is in good or excellent condition. I can take (dodgy) pics o=
f anything if you want.

> If you're interested, have a look around and see what it currently goes f=
or second hand, and make me an offer. I'm happy to take any vaguely reasona=
ble offer (although not silly ones) as a) I can't really be bothered going =
through all the hassle of ebay; and b) I'm all for helping anyone that want=
s to experiment and progress in this field...

> If you want to email me directly rather than replying here, use p dot ale=
cto at gmail dot com...

> So, what's there?
>
> So far:
>

> Shotguns: < /o>
>
> - Sennheiser ME66. Classic short shotgun, with a K6 powering module, Ryco=
te handle, and Rycote softie. Probably have a XLR cable I can chuck in as w=
ell?

> - Sennheiser ME67. Classic long shotgun, with a K6 powering module. In a =
Rode Blimp, with handle, short cable, and dead wombat.

> These are almost classic mics for wildlife recording, renowned for rugged=
ness and reliability. They and another pair of the same, now gone, served m=
e very well for quite a while; for targeted recordings I now use a Telinga =
dish, and an MKH416.

> Parabola:
>
> - Telinga Pro-4 PiP. Dish, Mic, handle, and roll up bag. Although caution=
 - the dishes get a bit brittle with age and can split when rolled - this h=
as happened to two of mine... :(  This means that I'm reluctant to ship thi=
s rolled up, would have to be shipp ed in a large box (or picked up, of cou=
rse)

> The best way bar none to get really focussed recordings into a recorder w=
ith a 3.5mm mic input. I used it with a Roland Edirol R-09 then R-05. Then =
I upgraded to a Telinga Universal with a Sennheiser omni into the SD 702. W=
hich is definitely better but also a ton more expensive. <sigh>

> Stereo:
>
> - Rode NT-4. This is one of those things that seemed like a good idea, an=
d apparently is for a lot of people - just didn't work for me. Excellent co=
ndition, in its case, with mic clip, windshield, dead kitten, dual XLR cabl=
e, and dual XLR to 3.5mm adaptor.

> - Pair of Sennheiser ME64's. Cardioids. With K6 power modules, mic clips,=
 Sennheiser foam windshields, Rycote softies, and a stereo mount.

> These were my standard stereo pair for soundscapes, I used these in an OR=
TF array - until I upgraded to a pair of MKH8040's.

> - Sound Devices 702 recorder. Note: basic model, not a 702T. Still one of=
 the great field recorders. Battery, charger, whatever else I can find. Few=
 scuff marks (hey, it's been used in the field!) but overall excellent.

> - Sound Devices 302 mixer. Front end for the 702... Have short patch cabl=
es plus other stuff to go with it. If you want both the 702 and the 302 I c=
ould even throw in a Petrol mixer bag...

> There may be more as I continue sorting?
>

> Cheers...
>

> Tim

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional