Re: Video as well?

Subject: Re: Video as well?
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Mon Dec 3, 2018 6:45 am ((PST))
I do video capture of streaming spectrograms, for both illustrations of the=
 ANH (Acoustic Niche Hypothesis) when giving academic or general audience p=
resentations as in my TED Global talk (https://www.ted.com/talks/bernie_kra=
use_the_voice_of_the_natural_world?language=3Den <https://www.ted.com/talks=
/bernie_krause_the_voice_of_the_natural_world?language=3Den>) , and also fo=
r fine contemporary art exhibits such as my recent science data-to-sound-ar=
t installation commissioned by the Fondation Cartier pour l=92art contempor=
ain (https://www.fondationcartier.com/en/exhibitions/le-grand-orchestre-des=
-animaux <https://www.fondationcartier.com/en/exhibitions/le-grand-orchestr=
e-des-animaux>).

To do these, and using a iMac Pro I first do a streaming 9 x 16 Quicktime s=
creen capture in Audition, using a mono file for greater detail. Then I con=
vert the video to a workable Premier movie format, overlaying creature ID t=
ext detail as the event unfolds. Finally, I delete the mono audio track rep=
lacing and sync=92ing it with the original stereo-surround track from which=
 the mono was originally derived.

I don=92t use photos of the natural world because I found that if we=92re t=
rying to focus on sound, the only images I want offer in a presentation are=
 those that enhance the impact of the biophonies, themselves. Because we=92=
re a visual culture, we=92ve given way too much attention to what we can se=
e rather than here. As I tell my students: While a picture might be worth a=
 thousand words, a soundscape is worth a thousand pictures.

Bernie

Wild Sanctuary
POB 536
Glen Ellen, CA 95442
707-327-6771
http://www.wildsanctuary.com

SKYPE: Bernie Krause
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/BernieKrauseAuthor
TED Global talk: https://www.ted.com/talks/bernie_krause_the_voice_of_the_n=
atural_world?language=3Den

> On Dec 3, 2018, at 6:20 AM,  [naturerecordists] <naturer=
> wrote:
>

> Hi Folks,
>

>    I know the activity here is primarily audio recording in nature.  Do a=
ny of you also do video capture of the natural world?   As an example, here=
 is a particularly dynamic interaction between the clouds and moon I captur=
ed recently.   The colors the moon was creating in the clouds were just ama=
zing and I was thrilled to have captured this particular moment in time.