Reveil 2018

Subject: Reveil 2018
From: soundtent
Date: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:11 am ((PDT))
Hello @ naturerecordists

 Over the weekend of 5 to 6 May 2018 we will coordinate the 5th live radio =
broadcast of the sounds of daybreak as they travel around the earth on Inte=
rnational Dawn Chorus Day.

 This can only be done as a collective project: streamers send in feeds fro=
m their locations at sunrise, they are relayed from a temporary studio at a=
n ecology park in London to a server in the Upper Hudson Valley New York, a=
nd broadcast over some 20 FM and netradio stations around the world.

 The primary stream is hosted by Wave Farm (NY); most of the streams are on=
 the open microphone network operated by Locus Sonus (Aix-Marseille); Reson=
ance Radio are our UK broadcast partners.

 Each year we put out a call for streams, which are the raw material for th=
e transect:

 https://t.co/r67MmwEoAO https://t.co/r67MmwEoAO

 Streams will appear on the Locus Sonus soundmap http://locusonus.org/sound=
map/. They will form part of the Reveil broadcast and be archived at soundt=
ent.org http://soundtent.org/.

Especially if you have experience with recording, it is fairly straightforw=
ard to share the sounds of your location in real-time, using a laptop, phon=
e or even a Raspberry Pi. Here is a guide http://soundtent.org/how_to/strea=
m_reveil_2018.pdf http://soundtent.org/how_to/stream_reveil_2018.pdf

 We would be delighted if you would consider joining us for this 5th editio=
n. We can provide advice, support and sometimes equipment. More information=
 at http://soundtent.org/soundcamp_reveil.html http://soundtent.org/soundca=
mp_reveil.html or get in touch directly: contact at soundtent.org

 Many thanks

 Best wishes